- Take great photos. You don’t have to have a lot of fancy equipment to take Pinterest-worthy pictures, many smart phones have a camera that takes great pictures. Pay attention to the lighting when you’re shooting, and keep the background free of distractions. For product photos, a solid white background is usually best. If you’re taking pictures of small objects, consider using a lightbox.
- Edit your great photos. Photo editing programs such as Photoshop can do everything from cropping photos and brightening them up to giving them an entirely different look. A little bit of editing can make a big difference. If you are like me Photoshop it a little over my head and I go for programs that are much easier and cheaper like PicMonkey, it's very easy. There is a free version and one that costs only a few dollars a month. You can find it at www.PicMonkey.com.
- Add special effects and text. You can also add special effects and text with Photoshop and most other photo editing programs. If you don’t have any suitable programs on your computer, there are free online photo editors that you can use such as Pixlr, or again PicMonkey.
- Pin your Instagram photos. Instagram makes it easy to spruce up photos from your mobile phone with filters. You can use a program such as Pictacular to easily share your Instagram photos as pins on Pinterest.
- Make use of Pinstamatic. Pinstamatic is a set of Pinterest tools that are free for anyone to use. It makes it easy to create pins in a variety of ways, including taking screenshots of websites, pinning tweets from Twitter and more. You can also quickly create pins featuring favorite quotes and add captions to photos. You can even make a pin of you website if you want to. I tried it, and here is mine. Here it is: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/
- Generate a meme. You know those funny pictures with even funnier captions that are so popular on sites like Pinterest? They’re a snap to create! Just visit a site like Imgflip or Memecrunch, choose a picture, add a caption and post it. If you want to create something more original, Imgflip also allows you to upload your own images. I really haven't played much with these two programs as memes aren't really something I use but I thought I would share them with you in case you use them.
Today we are going to talk about simple ways to create stunning pins for Pinterest. When you first venture onto Pinterest and see all the pretty things that people have pinned, it can be rather intimidating. How can you compete with that as a small business owner? You may even wonder if you will have to hire a photographer and graphic designers to create images worth pinning? Put those fears to rest, it's easy and if you haven't ventured into Pinterest I think you will by the end of this post. Don’t panic. It’s much easier than it looks. Here are some tips that will have you creating stunning pins in no time.