Website/blog content can be anything such as written content, images, and any other data that you choose to add to your website. Having top content on your sites will prove to be a great marketing tool and will also attract potential customers. Today we are going to talk about seven tips to help you create great content for your websites.
Here are some really simple tactics that will help you create the content you desire for your website.
1. Write with clarity and simplicity. Simply put, write the way you would speak. Make sure your written material is created in a conversational tone. Don’t write in such technical or complicated language that your visitors will have difficulty comprehending the information you are trying to relay to them.
2. Show your visitors something; don’t just tell them. The written word is powerful, but becomes even more powerful when you include things such as testimonials or customer feedback on your website. This lets viewers know that others have tried your product or service and have given their input related to their experience in dealing with you.
3. Make sure your content is relevant. For example, if you have a website where you are marketing or selling pet supplies, you don’t want to include content that isn’t relevant to the type of business you are doing. Relevant content will help potential customers find you on the web and if they see your content is worthy, you can just about bet they will return to your website just to see if you have added additional information.
4. Surprise your customers with something unexpected. It really doesn’t matter what you do as long as you do it in a way that relays a “wow” factor to your visitors.
5. When writing content, always bring your personality and voice to it. Show your passion for the product and/or services you are marketing and let that passion shine through your writing. If potential customers and current customers realize that you have passion, they will be much more likely to show an interest in your product or services.
6. Give information when writing. Your content needs to be educational and informative. Avoid writing sales pitches. No one wants to visit a website full of sales pitches and leave the site knowing nothing more about your product and/or service than they had before they visited.
7. Spell-check and proof-read all of your content before publishing. You do not want to present your visitors with a website full of grammatical errors and misspelled words. Take time to manually check for any errors rather than just using spell-check. It’s better to double and triple check for accuracy.
The main thing to remember when writing is to make sure you are using your own tone, your own voice and your own style. Visitors will get accustomed to this and as they return to your site, this is what they will be looking for. Don’t try to be someone or something that you aren’t. Personalize each written piece so that it is your own and can be identified as such.
Having great content that lets your personality and knowledge shine through will help you get the results you are looking for.