It's always important to generate traffic to your site. Today, we'll talk about how to generate traffic to your sites when you are away from your office. Even if you’re away from the computer for vacation, there’s no reason why you can’t keep generating plenty of traffic to your sites. Put processes into place now and there’s no reason to face a slow down while you’re gone, that is long lasting and puts you into the rebuilding mode when you return.
Here are a few ways to generate traffic when you're away from your office:
• Preschedule blog posts: Just like with email, preschedule blog posts to publish while you’re away. If you have an RSS feed and email subscription for your blog, your subscribers will automatically be notified when you post something new.
• Schedule social media posts or hire an assistant to schedule posts. Don’t let your social media presence die while you’re away. You can preschedule updates using a tool like Hootsuite, but make sure you check in and respond to any comments. If you cannot check in, hire someone to keep on top of your social media presence. You can post that you will be away but your assistant will be handling things.
• Enlist the help of guest bloggers: Guest bloggers are a lifesaver when you’re away. Not only can they provide your regular readers with great content in your absence, they can also let their audience know about their guest post…bringing fresh traffic to your site.
• Search engine optimization (SEO): While search engine optimization can take time, it is a tremendous source of ongoing free traffic. Put SEO techniques into place and you’ll bring new visitors to your website every single day.
• Pay-per-click advertising: A more sure thing than SEO (but more expensive), pay-per-click advertising can generate a nice steady stream of traffic as well. Just make sure to set a budget to your campaign, so you don’t go over your budget while you’re gone. It’s also a good idea to check in on your campaign every few days, just to make sure everything is on track.
• Purchase newsletter ads: Find some on target newsletter publications and purchase a couple of ads each week while you’re away. Most publishers will allow you to choose when your ad will run, as long as spaces are available. These ads will bring you a steady stream of traffic, even though you’re nowhere near your computer.
Clearly, keeping the traffic going takes some work and preparation, but when you take the time to do it in advance, you can keep that traffic and business flowing steadily, no matter where you are. If you do not take steps to keep traffic coming to your sites while you are gone you will find yourself rebuilding when you return espeically if you will be away for an extended period. No one wants to be rebuilding.